- School of Computer Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
- May 1999 — Sep 2004 Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science (conferred Aug. 2005)
- Dissertation: “Quality of Service (QoS) for Wireless Multicast Applications.”
- Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Univ. of Miami, Florida, USA
- Jan. 1991 — Aug. 1993 Master of Science in Elec. and Computer Engineering
- GPA: 3.76/4.00
- Thesis: “Edge Preserving Image Compression for Magnetic Resonance Imaging using DANN-based neural networks.”
- Aug. 1987 — Dec. 1990 Bachelor of Science in Elec. Engr., Computer Option
- GPA: 3.99/4.00 (Summa cum Laude)
- Senior Project/Honors Thesis: “RIC (Radio frequency Interface Controller): ASIC based design of the RF Interface Controller for interfacing with the Motorola MC 68824 Token Bus Controller in a Radio Frequency LAN environment.”
School of Computer Sciences, Universiti
Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
Aug. 2011 — Present Research and Academia
Associate Professor in School of Computer
Sciences, Lab Head for Network Research Group (NRG) & Domain Head
for Wireless Research in National Advanced IPv6 Center of Excellence
(NAV6). Research interests include: Wireless, Satellite, Sensor Mesh
Networks, Quality of Service, Real Time Systems.
Program Chairman for Computer Systems: Apr. 2005 — Dec. 2012
Nov. 2004 — Aug. 2011 Academia, Administration and Research
Senior Lecturer in School of Computer Sciences, Lab Head for Network Research Group (NRG) & Domain Head for Wireless Research in National Advanced IPv6 Center of Excellence (NAV6). Research interests include: Wireless, Satellite, Sensor Mesh Networks, Quality of Service, Real Time Systems.
Feb. 1998 — Nov. 2004 Academia and Research
Lecturer in School of Computer Sciences pursuing research into wireless computer networks. Research interests include: Wireless and Satellite Networks, Computer Network Protocols, Neural Networks, and Real Time Systems.
Research and Development, Motorola Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., Penang, Malaysia
Jan. 1997 — Jan. 1998 Prototyping and Concept Development
Senior Design Engineer responsible for new product and concept definition, liaison for radio option board interface specifications, as well as prototyping of new products for marketing feedback and special customer needs.
Apr. 1994 — Dec. 1996 Software Development, Technical Supervision and System Design
Design Engineer responsible for development of low level hardware interfacing drivers for LCD display control, user input validation and menuing control. Managed technical risks and system design in three projects. Undertook project planning and schedule management in one project. Implemented new pseudo-trunking protocol for Korean market. Developed modular radio software framework specifications.
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Univ. of Miami, Florida, USA
Jan. 1991 — Mar. 1994 Neural Network Applications & Object Oriented Databases Devpt.
Research Assistant undertaking research into neural-networks applications and computer networks, as well as involvement in the preparation of research grant proposals. Research Associate responsible for design and development of an object-oriented Medical Information System in C++ starting in Sept. 1993.
Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Washington, USA
June 1992 — Aug. 1992 Networking Software Testing
Software Engineer in Test Design Intern responsible for test-plan generation and execution. Performed test verification of Windows NT networking components.
Instructional Support Facilities, Univ. of Miami, Florida, USA
June 1988 — Dec. 1990 Computer System Administration
System Administrator responsible for setup and maintenance of campus-wide Macintosh network, as well as maintenance of campus mainframe computer lab.
|See complete list here.|